A View From the Field








December 2020

December 31 - New Year's Eve

Oh, thank God, it's over!! 


I know, it's not quite midnight yet, but close enough. What a truly horrible year! I've personally had worse years, but I don't think the world has had a worse one in my lifetime. Some commentators have said 1941 is on the list, but that was the year I was born, so it isn't on my list. Actually, if you look at it from a world-wide viewpoint, I think 1939 was worse, because that's when WW II actually started (or I think so). 


Anyway, good riddance. Please God, 2021 is better!


I think I was in bed before midnight last night, but I had another wakeful time in the middle of the night. My shoulder didn't get so sore, but I could feel that it was beginning, so I got up and sat for a while and then I was able to sleep. I was awake around 10:00 AM, but I went back to bed, and I didn't get up until after 1:00 PM, and then I just sat and played games, so it was another one-meal day. Only this time, I had a JD instead of tea. New Year's Eve, you know. I was thinking about having another one, but I am already too tired, so I think I will finish this and go to bed.


The weather was not too bad. The high temperature was 32 and there wasn't much wind. Around 1:30 PM it cleared up and there was actually some sunshine late in the day and a rather nice sunset. There is ice on the harbor down at our end.


The guys slept, of course. Grayson thought he wanted some of my dinner, but he doesn't get barbecued pork. He did get to sit on me until my legs started to get twitchy. Louie is still sleeping. I finally had to put in a rush order for cat food, since I'm out of everything they really like.


So that was a very quiet day and it's a partly cloudy, cold night in the field.


Happy New Year!


December 30

Oh, i am so tired! I even had to sit with my eyes closed for a while this afternoon. There was more than one reason for that, though. It felt like I had something in my left eye for most of the day - it 's gone now, I think - and it felt better when I had my eyes closed. Anyway, I am not listening to the Beethoven Stream, because as soon as I finish this, I am - I really AM - going to bed.


It wasn't that I was so late last night - around 2:00 AM, I think - but I had problems sleeping. When I was lying on my right side, my right hand was so sore it kept me awake and when I turned over onto my left side, my right shoulder was so sore I couldn't sleep. As usual, I didn't get any quality sleep until after about 6:00 AM, and I think I got up around 11:00, so I didn't get enough sleep. I hope I can do better tonight.


As a result of all that, I didn't do anything today.


The weather - oh, the weather! It evidently started snowing around 11:00 PM last night and by morning they had had 5" at Delaware, and i think we had almost as much here. It snowed all day, too, although after about 4:00 PM, it was light enough that it didn't register at the weather station. I think a lot of it was lake effect. It wasn't cold - the high temperature was 31, but it was windy. The wind shifted around to the north and there were gusts as high as 40 mph late in the afternoon. OF course, it was dark and dreary. It's nice at night, though. With the moon just past full, it's light and easy to see what's going on outside.


The guys got canned food for breakfast and I think it was all gone in a couple of hours. I am going to have to rethink the canned food schedule. It's much better for them than the dry kind and I've finally convinced them it's tastier than the dry, too. Tonight I confirmed that Grayson likes fish. I had to share my cod with him and Ihe would have eaten more of it than there was. Okay. I can work with that. We'll see how he feels about hake and salmon. He thinks he wants the other things i eat and he did eat some crumbs of burger the last time I had that. I had the same trouble with Buster. As he got older and wiser, he decided people food was pretty good. The only good thing is, Grayson isn't allergic to anything, which Buster was.


Well, now it's a not very cold, sort of snowy, windy night in the field and I'm off to bed - as soon as Peer Gynt is over. i haven't heard that in a long time. IT's always something...


December 29

I wasn't quite as late last night, but it was still too late. it was partly Beethoven and, I think, reading, but I don't remember. I got up around noon.


IT takes me so long to do anything these days. I was able to have breakfast and dinner today, which was nice, but it was 3:00 before I called the store - I was running out of JD and my chili powder got lost on the counter, for starters. And it was 4:00 before i got there to get my order.


When I got home, I had to sit down and the cat came and went to sleep on my lap, so it was 6:00 before I started my dinner and after 10:00 before it was done. I finally got my barbecued pork chops. Only I left the recipe at the computer, so I sort of had to guess. I actually like what I came up with better than the original. There was more chili powder and pepper, so it has a bit more bite. It was good, and I have another meal.


The only problem was the potatoes. When I opened the bag of Yukon Gold potatoes I got, several weeks ago, it smelled like they had been grown in manure and except for one or two on top, they hadn't been washed. I have scrubbed and scrubbed, using my new veggie brush, and I nearly scrubbed the peel off, and I still can't get rid of that smell or taste. I like to eat the peel on my potatoes, both because I like it and because it's good for me, but this stuff is gross. I guess the next time I buy potatoes, I will have to open the bag and sniff before I select them. Yuck.


That has been the only problem I've had with shopping at Pat's. They do not get the highest quality produce. However, it's so convenient that I keep going there. The alternative is to drive down to Houghton and that's too far.


The weather was more or less nondescript but very cold. The high temperature was only 19. The wind was from the southwest, and while it was fairly strong this morning, it's been light this afternoon and now in the past couple of hours, it went calm and then variable, which means it's shifting. We are under another Winter Weather Advisory until sometime tomorrow. Ah, winter. I saw a gleam of sunshine around noon, but the camera didn't, and mostly it was dark and dreary.


Both guys came down to the kitchen with me, I guess in the hope that there would be something good, but that's tomorrow. When I got back from the store, Louie came to see who was there, but he went right back to the bedroom. It's warmer there. Grayson came and went to sleep on my lap, like I said, and when I finished putting the stuff in the slow cooker, he came back and slept for another hour. I think it was probably because it's so cold around here. 


When I got to the office, it was 55 in here. Of course, i had to turn off the heater when I went out, but only now has the temperature gotten up to 65. For a while there was such a breeze from the great room, even though I have the door almost closed (we don't shut doors around here) that I had to wrap a blanket around my ankles. I am going to have to call the heating people. This is almost intolerable.


So now it's a very cold, dark night in the field and maybe I can get to bed at a sort of reasonable hour tonight? Maybe.


December 28

Well, I did it again. This time it was the Symphony #3 and wanting to finish the story I was reading. It's the first time they've played #3 since the time I had to do something and couldn't listen to the whole thing. Now the only one I haven't heard all of is @8, and i don't know why. it isn't that long and I like it. I have the feeling that the Beethoven Stream will end on Thursday. Darn.


I got my 9 hours, but I really must get to bed earlier tonight. I finally washed my hair.


While I was up one time, I got a call from the NP's office, where it became clear that she was trying to treat me without even looking at my chart, which annoys me. I see her at the end of January, and I decided to just leave things as they are until then.


The weather was wintry. There were a few light snow showers, and the temperature went from 25  this morning to 19 now. Of course it was dull and gray.


The guys mostly slept, although Grayson has been bugging me all day, and he almost got stepped on while I was making my dinner. I think Louie has been holed up at the north end all day - it's warmer there.


Oh, I did do the bulletin, because Sue wants to print tomorrow, and I stashed away last year's stuff both on disk and in email. I still have a whole lot of work to do in mail, but at least I've made a start. Time to close out 2020. 2021 can't come fast enough for me.


It's a very cold, dark night in the field.


December 27

Well, I inverted last night. It was a combination of Beethoven and the computer. The Beethoven Stream played piano - or mostly piano - all night: two concertos, two or three sonatas and a trio, among other things. Have I told you how fond I am of piano music?


The computer was a pain. After I wrote last night, I finally got tired of that black brick sitting beside the desktop screen, so I grabbed the battery, put it in, and plugged it in to the power - and it worked!!! Wow, I should have done that way last summer when I got all the pieces! It would have been easier. First I had to update Norton (or let Norton update), because I don't have any control over that. Then I wanted to do the final Windows 7 updates. well. One thing about that which has always driven me nutty is how long it takes to download the updates and sometimes to install them. There were 16, or so they said, and it took several hours to download. I would have suspected it's because the laptop is connected via my in-house wi-fi, but actually, when there were lots of updates to the desktop, it took forever there, too, and it's connected via Ethernet. So I waited, read, and listened to the lovely music.


And when the installs were done, there were something between one and three updates that failed. I retried them three times - why it should take an hour to download one update, I do not know - and it kept failing. So I don't know for sure whether the ones I did download worked or not.


When I finally got to the office today, I discovered that somehow IE had gotten screwed up and almost would not load or go to my homepage, so I decided to try to drop back to the state before the updates. However, there was only one restore point and I'm not sure it was the one I wanted. I tried to do the restore anyway and it failed. Sheesh. I tried one more time to install the last 1 to 3 (I never did figure out how many there are) and they didn't install again, so i decided to ignore it.


The next task was to install the three browsers I've added - Firefox, Brave and Edge. I don't use Edge much because I don't trust MS, but a neat thing is that if I try to open a page in IE that isn't supported, it will jump to Edge automatically, so I can look at YouTube and Twitter videos if I want to. 


The only thing is, I don't have any way of tying the two computers together yet. Unfortunately, I can't afford LogMeIn anymore, but there is another one, called RemotePC, that I want to try. The first year is pretty cheap, so i'll get a chance to try it. Not today, though. I packed up the laptop and I was going to take it up to the north end with me, but I think I'll wait on that until I have RemotePC installed and tested. I need some way to copy some files from the desktop to the laptop and right now, the only way I have is with a DVD, which is awkward. At least I'm a lot further along than I was yesterday.


The weather wasn't good. When I woke up the first time it was light, there was new snow on the deck railing. The wind was from the west this morning, but it went calm for a couple of hours after 9:00 before it picked up from the northeast and it is now gusting up to 26 mph. Around 3:30 PM it started snowing, and for the first time all week, there was enough to show precip at the weather station. It was still snowing when it got dark.


I haven't seen much of the guys. Of course, we ate late, but they got their very favorite canned food and even Grayson came back while i was cooking and ate some more. I think they both went to sleep after that. Grayson did come down here once, and yelled at me, but I was busy, so he went away again. 


I have a bit of a dilemma. The tray I've been using for my meals broke last night - fortunately, nothing went on the floor, but i had to catch my bowl. The other trays I have are either much too small or much too big to fit on the cart I use to move them around. The cart only has three wheels now, but I haven't been able to find anything to replace it that's the right size or the right price. Price is more important than size, as long as it's big enough. In the meantime, moving my meals around is going to be a pain.


So that was my day and I'm tired. Maybe I can make it into bed at a sort of decent hour tonight. it's a dark, cold, snowy night in the field. And the laptop lives!


December 26

So I was very late last night and late getting up today, so I didn't do much. However, I did finally get the TP unboxed and one package into the house. I got the new cat pans unboxed, too, and I was happy to find that my fear that the FedEx guy had put the heavy box (I got two jars of litter) on top of the light one. So the box that's falling apart actually has the litter in it and the pans are fine. Nice, too. Now all I have to do is clean things up in the great room and the bathroom so I can set them out. It will come.


THe weather was cold but nondescript. it was dull and gray. The high temperature ws 25 and there was a strong wind from the north or northeast, with gusts up to 38 mph. I Don't think there was any snow.


The guys got their kibble bowls filled this monring, but when I went out to Chewy tonight, I discovered that they don't have the 6 lb bags I bought two months ago, and in any case, I can't put them on autoship. I will be complaining abou tthat, but I will wait until Monday. Grayson has been around, and he got to sleep on my lap for a long time, but he wanted my dinner, and since i didn't eat all of it, I couldn't even let him lick the bowl. I havent seen Louie since he ate, but that's normal. He stays where it's warm, and it is not warm anywhere except the north end.


So that was a rather truncated day, and I hope not to be up too long tonight, except that they're playing Beethoven's Piano Concerto #3, so of course I have to listen to that!


It's another cold, dark, windy night in the field.


December 25 - Christmas Day


Ah, dearest Jesus, Holy Child, 

Maje Thee a bed, soft, undefiled

Within my heart that it may be

A quiet chamber kept for Thee.


I was late getting to bed, of course. I had some wakeful times in the middle of the night and I didn't get up until after 1:00 PM. In fact, I had just started to get up when the phone rang and I tottered into the bathroom to see who it was. It was Peg from Mariner North and she asked, "When can we deliver your dinner?"


Wow. I hadn't expected that. They've been closed, and of course, lately, there has been no indoor dining, so I was surprised. They were doing takeout today, but only turkey dinner. Well, that was good enough for me! I had something planned, but I can do it tomorrow. They came with it around 3:00, although it was sort of a comedy of errors. I did get my dinner. I had half of it for breakfast, and the rest for dinner and it was good.  And it was so nice of them!


That left me free to do nothing for the rest of the day, and I did. It's only about 10:00 now and I'm tired enough to go to bed, so I think I will.


The weather was nondescript. i think there was a little more snow, but not a lot and it was mostly just dark and dreary. The high temperature was 25, much better than yesterday, and the wind is still from the north with gusts as high as 33 mph.


The guys were happy, mostly, because they got some of their favorite canned food for breakfast and it's molsty gone now. Grayson thought he wanted some of my dinner, but he was mostly interested in the cookies. I don't know why. Anyway, he got to sit on me and purr twice, so I think he was happy overall. It's so cold at the south end that Louie went back up there after he ate.


So that was my Christmas. I hope you had as good a day as it's possible to have under the circumstances and you at least got to see and talk to your favorite people.


Now it's a cold, dark night in the field.


Merry Christmas


December 24 - Christmas Eve

They played "Silent Night" sung by a very good choir and i cried. I haven't been able to sing that since my dad died, and that was 1983. It's just too close to my heart.


I got to bed around midnight, and I don't know quite why. I thought I started for the north end around 10:30, but I move so slowly and I wanted to check the weather and Google, and there are always things to read. I had to jump up a couple of hours later when I had an accident in bed. it wasn't a bad one, and I made it to the pot without much overflow, but I had to change my underwear. It's disheartening. Anyway, I was up several times more, I think because sI had canned soup for dinner and I was trying to get rid of the salt. I could have gotten up at 10:30 or so, but I didn't, and while it took a bit of time to get back to sleep, I didn't get up until 12:30. 


That was so late that I didn't do anything. Debbie called and we talked until my phone went dead. I think I need new battaeries for the cordless phones. I have one, but I have two phones, and the batteries seem to be failing on both of them. They sure have improved things since I got that phone system. IT still works, though, and I need so many other things, I don't want to put the money into a new one. I suppose I should before they stop making them. We still need land lines, here in the boonies, but there are getting to be fewer and fewer of us all the time.


It's been snowing since around 4:00 PM yesterday afternoon, but lightly enough that it isn't registering at the weather station. THe last time I checked, before it got dark, it looked to me like we got at most 4". There was probably more in the higher terrain. Mostly it's frigid and windy.The temperature finally got up to 18. bit ot was around 15 for most of the day, and the wind is from the north, with gusts as high as 43 mph. The wind chill was  low as -5. It's cold around here, too. I had some thoughts about taking a bath, but it was just too cold. When I got to the studio with my breakfast, it was 57. After the first of the year, I'm going to have to start calling the heating people again - frequently. I'm too old for this.


The only warm rooms in the house are the bedroom and closet, and that's where Louie is hanging out. He came down tot he kitchen to see if I had any canned food for them - I didn't - but I haven't seen him since. Grayson has been around all day. He got to sit on me for a while, and every time I go into the kitchen, he sits where I just about have to trip over him, or he's staring at his kibble bowls or his canned food bowls. Sorry. Biddy. You know the schedule. I'm running out of kibble anyway.


So that was my day. After a whole month of Beethoven, they are finally playing Symphony #2 when I can hear it, so I have to stay for that, and then I'm off to bed. It's a frigid, dark, snowy night in the field and a good one to cuddle down in the bed with visions of sugarplums...


December 23 - Christmas Eve Eve

By the way, I saw "Christmas Eve Eve" in one of my comics today, and I want you to know I've been calling it that for 40 years or more. I don't claim to have invented it, but I do think I came up with it independently. This is a problem I will probably have if I ever get to publish any of my stories. When I reread them, I am sometimes amazed that I have written about events and ideas that have eventually happened - and I wrote a whole lot of those things back in the '70s and '80s when none of that stuff had happened. And yes, I can prove it. I have the original handwritten drafts and I have always dated them. While dates can be added later, I think if the ink was tested, it would be clear that I didn't do that.


I wasn't too late last night and I slept fairly well, although I was up more times than I like. Fish, I guess. I didn't get up until 11:30 or so and I didn't do anything. It was nice. I finally heard from the NP's office late this afternoon, and the message was keep at it and retest in two weeks. Maybe my veins will have healed over by then.


the weather is getting exciting, although the forecasts were wacky. It was warm - the high temperature was 41 - and there wasn't much wind, although it went calm around 4:00 or 5:00 PM, and then by 6:00 it was blowind hard - gusts to 39 mph from the north - by 7:00. There was some kind of precip, which I think was rain, between 4:00 and 7:00. The lake is singing loudly. The snow is coming, but not quite as quickly as the forecasts said. It will not be a nice couple of days to be out and about.


The guys slept. Grayson got to sit on me and he i snow asleep on the cart with hid head pillowed on my purse. Louie is up at the north end. they got canned food this morning. It's the kind that isn't actually a lot, but it's gone already. Grayson was mewing at me like you would have thought he hadn't eaten in days. Little snot. 


The Beethoven stream is playing the 3rd Symphony, which I think you know is one of my favorites, so I have to stay until that's over with and then I'm off to the north end. It's a dark, cold, windy and pretty soon, snowy, night in the field.


December 22

I was later than I wanted to be, of course, and I had a lousy night. I guess i was trying to decide what I should do today, besides get my blood test. I finally got some sleep after about 6:00 AM, but it wasn't enough, and I didn't get up unitl 11:30. 


I didn't diddle around very much, but it was still 2:15 PM before I left. I had to stop at the post office to turn in the stuff I had for them, and while there wasn't much mail, I got the freebie I asked fro from the power company. 


Compared to what Debbie got from the utilities in southeastern Lower Michigan, it was nothing, but I have a few LED lights - only two of which are canister lights - and two nightlights. I'm interested to try the nightlights. I've never been too happy with the one I'm using now (the one I had to paint with nail polish because it was so bright), and I hope this one will be better. We'll see.


Anyway, I got to the hospital, although I ran across a couple of drivers who thought the roads were glare ice. They weren't. They were wet, but they had salted all the way to Copper Harbor and while there was a bit of slush from the snow overnight, mostly it was just damp. 


I got my test and came right home. When I thought about it, the only thing I really need is grapes, and I can do without them. Besides, I wasn't walking too well, and while the pavement was OK at the hospital, I wasn't sure what it would be like at Pat's. They don't do the best job on their parking lot. I got  home about 4:00.


It took a little while to get the results from the blood test, but when I did, I said, "YAY!!" It's right at the low end of normal, for the first time in months. I have to believe stopping the tamoxifen has something to do with that, but I will have to talk to the oncologist about that. Now all I have to do is find out how to keep it that way. I expect to hear from the nP's office tomorrow. Now, why don't I feel better?


The weather was sort of blah. It was dark and dreary and there was some snow overnight, but if there was anything today, it was just very light drizzle. I can't tell you what the history was today, because the three-day history isn't working right now. It's 35 now, and I think that's the high. The wind is from the south and gusting up to 32 mph.


GRayson was glad to see me when I got home, and he got to sit on me twice after I got back to the office. I haven't seen Louie, but he's proably somewhere up at the north end.


So that was my day and i'm exhausted again. I will have to listen for a call from the NP tomorrow morning, but otherwise, I can sleep just as long as I want to. 


It's a dark, not very cold, windy night in the field and the snow is coming...the snow is coming...


December 21 - Winter Solstice

Well, we've finally reached bottom. It will be a while before there is any noticeable increase in day length, but at least we know we're going up.


I was much too late last night and much too late getting up this morning, so it's a good thing I decided not to go to town. I was almost afraid I'd made a bad decision, because it didn't start snowing until arounf 3:30 PM, but that would probably have been about the time I would have started home, and I'm not comfortable in the dark and the snow anymore.


So I didn't do anything. 


The weather was dark and dreary until it started snowing. There wasn't enough to register in the rain gauge, but that often happens. The high temperature was 33 and after it started snowing, the wind was from the northeast with gusts up to 26 mph. Sigh. We get one more good day, then the snow sets in.


The guys slept. Grayson got to sit on me for a change, which made him nappy. He is being a pill again. He ate all his favorite kibble - Louie likes it, too - and he keeps sitting in front of the empty dish, to tell me it's empty. Well, there isn't much left, and I can't order any more until after Wednesday, so he'll just have to eat something else.


So that was my day and I hope to get to bed earlier tonight, because I have to go to town tomorrow, regardless.


It's a cold, dark, snowy night in the field, and no, we didn't see the Great Conjunction. OF course not.


December 20

I ended up being much later than I wanted to be last night, so I got up much later today. I fiddled around for quite a while before I took my bath, and then as I was trying to stand up after I got dressed, I began to have an accident, so I had to sit some more. Eventually we had our dinners, but it was another one-meal day for me.


The only thing I did was try to sort out my compression hose and socks, which I didn't complete. I have been trying the idea of washing them in a wash bag, but it isn't working. Maybe if I took them out of the bag and hung them to dry - I'll have to try that - but I don't think it will help. Next I'll be trying turning the socks inside out and just throwing them in with the other stuff. I hate to do that, because it's a pain to turn them right side to, but maybe it will work.


I did my surfing and had some conversation with Sue about the bulletins and some other things and she sent me some nice pictures of a Christmas parade they had in Calumet yesterday. Debbie called while I was getting dressed, but I didn't call her back. Tomorrow, maybe.


It was beautifully clear overnight and I watched Aldebaran and the Pleiades set, although I didn't see Orion. It may have been clear before sunrise, but then it clouded up and evidently it snowed while I was asleep, because there was new snow on the roof when I got up. It was very cloudy and dull all day. The temperature was nearly steady around 34 and there wasn't much wind for most of the day. Around 5:00 PM it switched aorund to the north and it is now blowing briskly, with gusts up to 29 mph.


The guys were patient. They just slept until I finally got dressed, but then they got all excited about dinner, which was one of their favorites. I filled the kibble bowls last night, so they had stuff to eat that they like, but you'd have thought they hadn't gotten anything in days the way they went after their canned food. And when I think that when I got them, they didn't know about canned food at all.


So that was my truncated day. The NP wants me to get my potassium checked tomorrow, but it looks like it's going to snow, so I think it will be Tuesday again, but we'll see. It depends upon when I get up and what the weather looks like. I expect to be earlier to bed tonight.


Now it's a dark, breezy night in the field.


December 19

Oh, I'm tired, and there's no reason for it, either. I got to bed about 12:30 and I didn't get up until 11:30. I slept well and I wa only up three times, so why I'm so tired is hard to say.


I didn't do anything. Apparently nobody has looked at the bulletins, except for the funeral, so i don't know about the others.


The weather was dull and gray and nondescript. It snowed a bit overnight - there was  snow on the garage roof. The high temperature was 36, so I suppose the snow is gone now. The wind was from the northeast and it got up to 24 mph gusts, but then it died down and it's been calm for several hours. It was very dark and gray.


The guys were not pleased, because their kibble bowls were nearly empty and it was dinnertime before I filled them. Grayson ate some, but I haven't seen Louie. I need to set up a recurring order, but I'd like to wait until next week, just so I'm sure I always have money to cover it. 


So that's about all there is. It's a dark, cloudy night in the field.


December 18

I think I was in bed around midnight last night, and I slept well and didn't get up until 11:00, so I should havehad enough sleep, but I didn't feel like it all day. I didn't want to do anything. However, the emails started flying around and it seems Sue wants to print the funeral bulletin tomorrow, so as soon as I finished my surfing, I got right at that. I didn't do it right either time I tried, but at least I filled in the information she needed to get it ready for printing. I also did the other three - 24th, 25th and 27th. I Hope they're all right, but at least we have a couple of days to fix any mistakes.


That was all I did. I just had on energy at all.


The weather was nondescript again. The clear skies they said we would have last night never materialized, unless it was right at sunrise this morning, and it was a dark, dull day. the high temperature was 34 and there was a strong southwest wind, with gusts up to 32 mph. It always sort of discombobulates me when we have southwest winds, because I can hear them in the trees and the lake is quiet. 


The guys got one of their favorite canned foods this morning and they were happy. Grayson tried to sit on me just about the time I was starting to do bulletins, so I had to tell him no, and he went away and I haven't seen much of him. Of course, Louie is up at the north end.


My TP came this afternoon, but I haven't brought any into the house yet. I have to do that soon, as well as some other stuff that's out there. if the last batch is any indicator, I have enough TP for at least 5 months now, which will take me through the spring. I have this fear of running out.


I think UPPCO finally noticed that I paid my bill, but I will have to call hem to be sure. I only paid it through my bank on the 3rd, but they use some service in Arizona, and nowhere that I can find on their website do they ever actually say "Yes, we got your payment." So I will have to call to be sure. Sigh. They don't use the ACH, so the bank has to cut a check, but 15 days seems to me to be a bit long for it to get to them. They want me to give them my checking account number, but no way am I going to do that with a small company whose computer security I have no faith in.


Now it's a not very cold, dark night in the field and I'm tired.


December 17

Oh, I was much too late last night, and even though I got up around noon, I didn't get enough sleep, so I'm very tired again. I didn't do anything of interest.


The information for next week's bulletins came through - with the exception of the two funerals (geez, what a horrible time for a funeral. And I thought my year was bad!) and I will get right at that tomorrow. I have last year's bulletins to use as templates for Christmas, so it shouldn't be hard.


The weather was nondescript. They kept saying it was going to clear up and it never did, so it was dull and dreary. The high temperature was 32 and the wind was calm all afternoon. Blah.


The guys slept, I think Grayson spent a long time on my lap. He thought he wanted something I had for dinner, but I don't think he really likes salad dressing and I know if I gave him a crumb of my burger, he wouldn't eat it, so he sat until I finished and then he went away mad. I haven't seen Louie.


I was in sit mode, so I had a nasty accident, but I should be used to that by now. 


Now it's a dark, cold night in the field.


December 16 - Beethoven's 250th Birthday

At 3:00 AM I was trundling down the hallway as fast as I could go (not very) to place an order with Walmart. I have been running out of TP for some time. The last time they had it, they sent me an email, but I got it just as I was having an accident and I decided it would be better to take care of that. It took the better part of an hour, and by the time I got back to the computer, the TP was out of stock again! Sheesh. so this time, I wasn't going to take any chances. I came down to the computer because I wasn't sure what credit card they had on file, and I didn't have the information on the phone. IT turned out that they had the right one, but I wasn't taking any chances. So I should get about a 6 month supply of TP by Monday. Whew!  I have some backup, but I don't like to use very much of it so I won't be completely without. I mean, this is serious, with the amount I use1


So I was very late getting to bed and very late getting up and I'm going to be late tonight, too. Sigh. At least this time it was for a good cause.


I was up around 9:30 when they called from the NP's office. It sounds like they are happy that my potassium is rising slowly, but they wanted me to goose it again this morning - which I did - and they want another blood test on Monday. This is getting old, and I"m beginning to bruise.


I almost forgot the bulletin, but I got it out. I had to ply my shoehorn, because there were a bunch of long announcements - two deaths and a list of the people who donated poinsettias at St. John's (which I almost forgot) but I managed to get them all in by using a smaller font. I don't like to do that, because I don't think I'm th only old person who has trouble reading small pring, but it was the only way.


Tonight it was Beethoven, of course. they played all of Beethoven's 9th on the 'Favorites" stream - or everything except the last few minutes. Would yo believe, they cut it off right about at the coda, where everyone is singing and playing fortissimo? I finally figured out that it was midnight in the central time zone and they felt the need for a "station break." This is the second time this month that they have done this with something I was listening to, and it really, really pisses me off. They know how long it takes to play those pieces and tey know they have a  "station break" at midnight. They OUGHT to be able to make sure that they start the piece early enough to play all of it, or they shouldn't start playing those long things after 1100 CT. GRR!


Of course, I could wallow in Beethoven forever. Right now they're playing the "Pathetique" piano sonata, which is another favorite. I wonder when I'll get to bed tonight?


The weather today was nondescript, but it sort of cleared up around sunset. I had hoped to see Jupiter and Saturn, but tey set around 6:30, I guess. Of course it's going to be cloudy tomorrow. The high temperature was 31 and the wind was very light from the south or southwest. It was cloudy for most of the day.


The guys werer all right. I was a bit puzzled by Grayson, who wandered around mewing for about five minutes after I finally got to bed. i don't know why.  They got canned food, which is all gone already, so they were happy.


So that was my day - and night - and now it's a cold, dark night in the field and once the sonata is over, I'll be trundling up to the north end and hoping to go to bed. By the way, I hope there are no typos in this. I'm not seeing very well right now.


December 15

I really thought I did a journal last night, but obviously I didn't, so I'm sorry.


I had been watching the weather forecast all day SUnday and I had already decided I wasn't going anywhere We didn't get very much snow here, but they did in the higher elevations, through which I have to drive to get to the hospital. Besides, there was a fierce north wind, with gusts up to 40 mph and while the high temperature was 27, that was in the morning and it was in the teens all afternoon. So I stayed home and I was in bed by midnight.


I didn't get up until around 10:00 this morning, and while I tried, I was moving really slow. I hurt all over, and I still do.  I didn't get away until after 2:00 PM> The road was partly to mostly snow covered from the harbor all the way to Central, so it was slow going. They salt up to Central - Bill thinks there's somebody important (or thinks he is) who lives at Gratiot Lake - so after that, I could drive faster, even though the tmperature was in the upper teens.


I got my blood test - my potassium is coming up, but it's still ow - and started home before 3:30. 


I had gotten a phone call from Mary Ann yesterday, because Ron was beginning to worry about me since I hadn't picked up my mail in over a week. She offered to get it for me, so I left a message for her when I was leaving Laurium, but she was still at the community center when I got to their house. 


Bill came out to talk to me and we had a nice conversation. He is anice person and quite a raconteur, so it was nice to be able to talk to him for a while without Mary Ann. About the time he was frozen, she came home, so we had to talk, too.


Besides my mail, there was a bag from her with real Chinese tea - which I'm not sure what I'm going to do with - and a little bag with three mini loaves of cake, or two cakes and a bread, which I think is probably Nisu. i had to try them when I got home, and they tasted so good, I almost had them for dinner. I will toast the bread, because it's a bit dry after having been at the jpost office for a week, but the others are fine.


What was weird was that Grayson smelled the bag and almost went bonkers over it. I'm going to have to ask Mary Ann if she baked the loaves with catnip, because that's how he reacted. In fact, I had to put the bag in the fridge to keep him away from it. Weird.


It was cold today, too. The high temperature was only 22, but there wasn't much wind. It was dull and gray, but I don't think there was any more snow here, although I did run into a squall or two on my trip. It's winter, guys.


I haven't seen Louie, but Grayson has been bugging me even after i put the bag away. He has finally realized he isn't going to get anything from me, so he is noe sitting on the cart.


So that was my two days. I will try not to forget to write after this, but I had other things on my mind last night. Thanks to my friend Phil for pointing out that I didn't write last night.


Now it's a very cold, dark night in the field and I need to lay my poor sore bod in my nice warm bed.


December 13

Nothing to report. I was late getting to bed, late getting up, and then I took a bath, so I was late eating.


The weather started out nondescript and ended up bad. It was cold. The high temperature was 27. although it rose slowly all day and is still rising. There was very little wind, which was from the southwest for most of the day, but around 9:00 PM it started to switch and it is now from the north and about 20 mph. We are under a WInter Weather Advisory, and there has been some light snow, which started around 7:00 PM. We'll see how it is tomorrow, but I don't think I'm going to get my blood test until Tuesday.


I am a bit worried about Grayson. He came and ate - the canned food is just about gone - but then he disappeared all day, so I think he was asleep. He finally turned up when I was making my dinner, but now he is asleep on the cart. I hope it's just the weather. I expect that of Louie, but not Grayson. I had to throw a couple of shoes at Louie while I was getting dressed, because he went after Grayson in a very nasty way. It didn't help a lot, but it did give Grayson time to run away. Not heavy shoes, just Crocs.


I am sitting with nothing on below the waist, because I had a nasty accident, and this one was totally out of the blue. It gets old.


Now it's a cold, dark,snowy night in the field and it's late.


December 12
I did not have a good night last night. I got to bed around midnight. but I didn't sleep at all well. My feet were cold and I hurt and I tossed and turned for a long time. I only slept well after abut 8:00 AM.


So i was tired and sort of dizzy all day and I didn't do anything but rinse my load of wash. 


The weather has finally turned wintry. The high temperature was only 27 and there was a strong east to northeast wind, with gusts up to 3o mph. It was very dark and dreary. I needed lights all day.


The guys slept. Grayson was somewhere around me for most of the day, although he wasn't pleased  when he didn't get to sample my dinner. They are getting low on kibble and he thought I should fill his bowls. Well, probably I should have, but I don't want him to feel I'm doing his bidding. I think Louie was up at the north end all day.


So that it was it, and now it's a cold, dark night in the field.


December 11

I didn't get to bed until midnight. I slept well, but I woke up at 7:30, which was too early, and the next time I woke up was 10:45. Eek!


Well, somehow I made it out the door by about 12:45. I didn't know I could move that fast anymore. I got my blood test and waited in the NP's waiting room until finally somebody came out to talk to me. The result had been in the computer for a while before that, so I knew what it was. It's up, but it's still low, so I am forcing potassium for the weekend and I have to go back on Monday for another test. Geez. Not only will I wear out my car, I'll wear out my veins, too.


Then I got gas - I had a 15 a gallon coupon. I didn't need even 15 gallons, but that's all right. I was home around 3:00. I was disappointed that my nuts hadn't come, but they did around 5:00 PM. I nearly spoiled my dinner.


The weather was just about everything. The road was clear and dry in Copper Harbor, wet from the Mountain Lodge to Delaware and snow covered at Delaware. I kept running through little patches of drizzle both ways and on the way home, there was fog from about the Mandan Loop Road to the Mountain Lodge. It wasn't thick fog, but I was having enough trouble seeing without that. The high temperature was 35, but that was early this morning, and it went down slowly all day. It was between 30 and 32 here and a couple of degrees cooler in teh higher elevations. The wind was from the northeast in the 10-15 mph range. It wasn't very nice out.


I guess the guys sllept. Grayson tried to sit on me when I got home, but I was doing something  else and I had to push him away. I Haven't seen Louie, but i haven't been up at the north end.


So that was my day and I'm tired. It's a cold, dark night in the field.


December 10

Of course, I was later than I wanted to be, so I went right to sleep, but I had a wakeful hour or two in the middle of the night. My feet were cold and my right shoulder was so sore I couldn't sleep. Once I turned over onto that side, I went back to sleep. I like to switch sides, because otherwise my ears and my hips get sore, but sometimes i can't sleep on one side or another, usually my left. Anyway, after that, I slept well and I got up around 10:00, but there was a lot of stuff I wanted to read, so I only heard the UPS guy arrive.


When I checked the breezeway, there was my Schwan's order, but I had a lot of stuff to do beforehand, and I had a really nasty accident, after which I just sat until around 4:00. 


I finally swept the kitchen floor and got the shards of my broken plate mostly swept up. There were two plates and a lid on the floor, too, that I finally got up. I can't bend over to reach the floor anymore and both plates ended up upside down, which meant I had to get both hands on them to lift them. They're up now, though.


Then I went out into the breezeway - via the powder room, of course - and unloaded the box from Schwan's. it was nice and cold and some of the dry ice was still frozen, but fortunately, they put that in bags that I can lift by the corners. I unload the stuff into bags, because it's easier to get it into the house that way. As I was unloading, I discovered a bag of vegetables that I didn't order. I had to inventory the entire order before I found the thing that was missing. So now I have some new vegetables that I would never have ordered myself. They may be useful - or not.


So when I scooted the chair back into the office, before I did my dinner, I called Schwan's. They will send me the thing I wanted. So I've placed two orders to be delivered by UPS and there have been problems with both of them. Not a good track record.


The weather was nondescript. It was very dark and dreary, but as far as I know, it didn't rain. It would have been rain, because the high temperature was 43. There wasn't much wind this morning, but it has switched north and gone to about 14 mph. Sort of yucky, frankly.


The guys slept, although Grayson was following me around for most of the afternoon. He wanted to sit on me just as I was having the accident, which didn't help. I don't know what he wanted when I went out to the kitchen. I guess Louie was up at the north end all day, as usual.


So that was a bit more active a day than I expected. I think my potassium is still low. At least I'm still dizzy when I sit down. Tomorrow I must go to the hospital early, because of everybody's schedule, and get a new potassium test. We'll see what happens then.


Now it's a dark night in the field and I must run up to the north end and go to bed right away.


December 9

The NP's office called me just after 9:00 AM and woke me up, of course. The nurse read me some of Trish's notes  which, when I listened to her instructions from last night, were entirely different, so I called them back and ended up talking to Trish herself again. I apologized for not going to the emergency room last night, and I explained - twice - why I didn't, but I'm not sure she really got it. So she did some research and some calculations, and regardless of what anybody else says, I know how much potassium I'm going to be taking over the next two days. Of course, it took two or three iterations before we got straight what I'm supposed to be doing. I repeated back to her what she said at least three times, and it wasn't until the last time that we agreed. Maybe she's overworked?


The only thing is, because of their schedule on Friday, I really must try to get my blood test around noon, and it's going to be hard to get there that early ( for me). I will try. It means I have to go to bed now and even earlier tomorrow. That won't be hard. even with all the potassium I'm taking right now, I still feel lousy and sleeping will help.


I was thinking I needed to go to the bathroom before I had an accident when I got an email from Walmart saying my TP was back in stock, but by then I knew I had to go then, and I had an accident anyway. By the time I got cleaned up and made my dinner - around an hour - it was all out of stock again Jeez. So the next time I get an in-stpcl email - hopefully soon! - I will try to jump on it faster and hope I don't have an accient again. Geez.


The weather was suprisingly warm and nice for December. It was clear and sunny all day and th ehigh temperature was 43, but there was a strong northwest wind with gusts up to 30 mph, so it wasn't as warm outside as one migh thave wished. I didn't go out, but all the sunshine was very welcome. One of these days it will start snowing - maybe Christmas week, if the long-term forecast is accurate - but in the meantime, it's nice to have all this lovely warm weather. I mean, 43 os warm for December in Copper Harbor.


the guys slept, of course. Grayson wanted to sit on me just as I was having my accident - not helpful - and he is now asleep beside me on the cart. Louie is up at the north end and he didn't even look up when I went up there to clean up.


So that was my day. I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday, althogh that may just be because I don't have to go anywhere until Friday.


So now It's a clear (I think) dark night in the field and I must go to bed.


December 8

I was a bit later getting to bed last night than i wanted, but it didn't matter much. I got 10 hours of good sleep anyway. I tried to move as fast as possible, but it was after 2:00 PM before I got out of here anyway.


Apparently 3:00 PM on Tuesdays is a good time to get to the hospital; there's nobody there, so I got lots of attention from people just waiting to help me.


Well, I now know why I've been feeling dizzy when i sit down. My potassium is lower than it ever has been, so low that I got two calls from the NP before I got home. She wanted me to go to the emergency room and get IV potassium, but I didn't pick up her messages until around 9:00, and no way was I going back to town at that hour of the night! It would be tomorrow sometime before I got home, for one thing, and I'm not seeing too well at hight. So I will take lots of potassium and call them tomorrow to tell them what i did and why. And go back on Friday for another test. Sigh.


Anyway, after I left the hospital, I went to Pat's - and met our choir director! - and did more damage than I'd hoped, but I am getting so very tired of what I"ve been eating! I got some good stuff, although the cabbage rolls were just so-so. The tomato sauce was very bland. It was filling, though. I have some other nice things to eat, too. 


I got home around 5:30, I think, and it was 6:00 before I got everything onto the platform. I came in and just sat for a while before I brought in the frozen and cold stuff. IT's cold enough in the breezeway now that I don't have to worry about leaving stuff out there.


The roads were clear and dry to wet in spots and there was no traffic at all, so I made good times both ways. Pat's was busy, but I was able to get most of what I wanted, including some bread stuff I haven't had in a while. With my Schwan's order coming this week, I'll be eating well.


The weather was so dark and dreary that my headlights were on the whole time I was out. The high temperature was 39,, but there was a sort of brisk wind from the northwest, which has now reached gusts of 36 mph. It wasn't bad to be out, except that my hair got blown around a lot.


I think the guys slept. Grayson thought he wanted my dinner, but he is now asleep on the cart. I expect to see Louie up at the north end.


Which is where I will be going soon. I would be tired even if my potassium was normal and that just makes it worse.


Now it's a not very cold, very dark night in the field.


December 7 - Pearl Harbor Day

I always try to commemorate this day. I was about 5 months old when it happened, so the war colored my first five years, and more than that, because I'm convinced my dad came home with PTSD, which wasn't a thing then, Add all that to my introverted personality, and it undoubtedly made me what I am today.


It was another lost day. i got to bed very late again and I was awakened at 8:45 by the oncologist's office. As I suspected, they can't write a prescription for another hormone treatment, so I will be seeing a doctor - a real doctor!! - in February. That's a little longer than i hoped to wait, but it's better than May.


I went back to sleep and got up around noon, but I did what I usually seem to do on weekends - I just sat for the entire afternoon before I took a bath and got dressed. Then I had to do my bottoms over again when I had a weird accident, so now I'm not so clean anymore. It's discouraging.


the weather was dark and dreary and there was some snow overnight, but the high temperature got up to 37 so it melted. The wind was under 10 mph and all over the map. It was so dark I needed lights all day.


Of course the guys slept. Grayson got some lap time after dinner and he is now asleep on the cart. Louie got his loving at the north end and he;s asleep somewhere up there.


Now it's a not-very-cold, dark night in the field, and I have to go to bed, because I have to go down to town tomorrow.. If there are typos in this entry, it's because I'm not seeing very good today.


December 6

I have nothing to report. I was much too late last night and I'm going to be much too late tonight and in between, I didn't do anything.


The weather was extremely dull and dreary. The high temperature was 34 and there was a northeast wind in the 15 mph range. There was some snow on the garage roof when I got up and it looked to me like it was doing something down the harbor, but I didn't see any flakes.


The guys slept, I guess. I didn't even see Grayson until midnight. He's asleep on the cart now, and Louie is asleep in the bedroom


So, nothing. It's a very dark, not very cold night in the field.


December 5

Oof! It's late, but the last 24 hours have been crazy anyway. By the time I got to bed, around midnight, every joint in my body ached, but my hips were particularly bad - do bad I couldn't sleep. I couldn't it up to work it off because that was more painful than lying down. I must have dozed, because time passed, but it wasn't until around 6:00 AM that I was beginning to feel better, and after I took some Tylenol, I was finally able to bet some sleep. As a result, it was close to 2:00 before I got up, and I still don't feel very good. In fact, I've been so tired that I was too weary to get up and go to the bathroom, and you know where that leads. Sigh. I think I will sleep very well tonight, or I hope so.


I do't know what brought that on. The weather wasn't that bad or any different from the days before, except that the barometer was high. It still is, though, so it can't be that.


The weather today was completely nondescript. The temperature was nearly steady at 31 and for most of the day the winds were calm. It was a very dark, dreary day, though, and I needed lights.


the guys slept. Nothing to report there. Grayson did want my dinner - or he thought he did - but he wouldn't have eaten it anyway.


I could have gone to bed when I went up to the north end to get some clean underwear, but I wss so hungry I was getting nauseus, so I made beef and broccoli which I love, but I could only eat half of it. My stomach capacity has gotten so small that I just can't eat very much at one sitting anymore. So I know what I'll be having tomorrow, which is fine, except that the broccoli will be sort of yucky. I still like it.


So that was my very quiet, truncated day and now I must go to bed.. It's a calm, dark night in the field.


December 4

Oh, I am so tired! I think it was close to midnight when I got to bed, and I slept sell until around 8:00 AM. Then my right knee and hip were so sore I couldn't go back to sleep and around 9:30, I got another "Private Name, Private number" call that i inadvertently answered - until I heard the voice at the other end. I don't know who it is, but he sounded drunk at that hour of the morning.


I decided to get up, and I was OK until around 3:30, when it all caught up with me, but it was too late to do anything but hang on. 


IN the meantime, I did some ordering, although Walmart is out of TP again, and so am I, nearly. I do have some backups, but I really need it! This time, when they tell me it's back in stock, I will jump on it. Last month, by the time it came in, I didn't have any money. I also did a Schwan's order, which won't arrive until Thursday. That (ahem!) isn't two-day delivery, but I will be here, and hopefully, UPS will deliver it to the hosue.


The weather was not good. It was extremely dark and dreary. The high temperature was 33 and that was in the morning. it was aorund 29 for most of tje aftermoon, with a northeast wind gusting up to 24 mph. 


The guys slept, which was a very good idea. They got one of their canned food favorites this morning and most of it is gone.  I caught Grayson eating several times. It's fish, and he really likes it.


So that was another nearly lost day. Now it's a cold, dark night in the field and I'm out of here.


December 3

I was in bed before 11;00 last night, and even though I was really tired, I didn't sleep well at all. I got up around 10:00, though, because I got a phone call from the NP's office at 9:45. I understand why the doctors (and NPs) don't want to call patients direct, but it's a pain to have to talk to a nurse, have her talk to the NP and then call back.


That happened. In the middle of the afternoon, I almost fell asleep at the computer, so I went up to the north end to pee, with the idea that I would take a nap, but then I got a call from the NP's office, followed by a call from the oncology office and by that time it was late enough that I didn't want to nap then. So I'm really tired now.


I did wash a load of underwear, which I need to put in the dryer, but that was all I did.


The weather was all right. The high temperature was 40, and while there was some north wind early, it calmed down a lot by late afternoon. It was sunnier than anybody predicted. Sunshine at this time of year is difficult. I have a problem seeing the computer screen in the late morning and I have trouble working at the sink in the kitchen in the afternoon, but the sun is far enough south that I didn't have trouble with it while I was embroidering, although there was a cloud bank that helped.


The guys slept. I filled the kibble bowls, which made them happy. Louie spent the day at the north end, as usuall. Grayson slept on my lap for a while and then he curled up on the cart, but I had a sneezing fit that chased him away. I don't think he feels very good.


I had a very stuffy nose for most of the day and I had a sneezing fit this evening. I'm afraid I'm fighting a cold. I hope that's all it is. The NP wants me to get my blood drawn next Tuesday and I'm afraid what might happen if I have to tell them I have some sort of virus.


Now it's a sort of warmish, sort of clear night in the field and the Vivaldi isn't great enough to make me sit through it.


December 2

I got to bed around 12:30, but I did not have a good night. I coudn't get to sleep until after 3:00, so when the phone rang at 10:00, I was sound asleep, so sound that I didn't hear the phone at first. It was "Private name Private Number" and I don't answer those things anyway, but it pissed me off. So I went back to bed and didn't get up until almost 12:30. i didn't do much before I got dressed, but I was late and I didn't do anything afterwards. Lost day.


The weather is changing. It was relatively warm, high of 39, but the wind has been rising until now it's 30 mph sustained with 43 mph gusts. Oh, goody! Another gale! It was partly cloudy for most of the day and there was a lot of sunshine, but it was beginning to cloud up at dark. 


The guys apparently slept, and I didn't see either of them after they got their canned food until Grayson came when I was making my dinner. I gave him a little piece of turkey, but he wasn't insterested, and now he's sound asleep on the cart.


The only other thing I did was to dry the load of bottoms I washed yesterday. I have to wash underwear, but I will do that tomorrow. I think I will throw my masks in with that load and hope the Clorox 2 doesn't bleach out the prints. I've worn them and exhaled into them long enough that they undoubtedly need to be washed.


So that was my day and now I'm tired again. I'm beginning to understand how I react to sleep. Now all I have to do is get my schedule under control.


IT's a warmish, windy night in the field.


December 1

Of course, I was later than i intended last night, but it didn't matter. I got to bed a bit after midnight and I slept well. I was rudely awakened around 9:30, but it was the hurse from the podiatrist's office, so I was glad to talk to her and get that straight. I got up around 10:15, but it took me forever to do what I wanted to do and it was close to 3:00 before I headed for town.


I got my blood draw and came home. I had some thought of stopping at Pat's, but it was late and I decided not. I don't really need anything and most of what I want I can get at the general store. I got home around 5:00.


The raad was surprisingly good. It was wet down to Delaware and spotty wet from there to the stop light in Calumet. They do a miserable job of clearing streets in Calumet and Laurium, so they were still snow covered, but not bad. my trouble going down was that the sun is low enough in the sky that it shines right into the car and the road twists enough that I have to keep moving the visor. And it was a clear day. I've always preferred to drive when it's cloudy, and that's why. Anyway, I made it, and coming home was easier, although my windows are a mess.


I got my blood draw and by the time I got home and sat in the powder room for a while, the results were available. They weren't as definitive as i'd hoped, but my potassium level was up - still a bit low, but up - and I'm taking half as much as I was before I stopped the tamoxifen. I think I've proved my point, but we'll see when I hear from them.


The weather was nice. It wasn't too warm - the high temperature was only 32 and there was a north wind up to 12 mph - but it was mostly clear all day. It was good to be out. There is snow all the way to Calumet, and they've had more than we have.


I guess the guys slept. When I got home, I went into the powder room and sat and Grayson laid down by the door and went to sleep, and when I came to the office, he immediately came and went to sleep on my lap. I haven't seen Louie. Grayson has been awfully clingy lately, and I don't know why. He follows me around, especially in the kitchen. I guess the turkey is part of it, but he was doing it before I made the turkey, so I don't know what the deal is.


I made rice tonight, so if I eat enough of it, maybe i can get my gut back into shape. And I washed a load of sweats, so I should have something to wear around here again. See? I do feel better. My right shoulder is still a bit stiff, but not as bad as it was.


So that was my day and now I can go back to normal, at least for a while. It's a nearly clear, cold night in the field. And it's December, thank God.


Last  updated 01/02/21 02:34 AM

Copyright S. I. Smith, 2000-2020